The Ultimate Travel Itinerary for Adventure Holidays
When you think about adventure holidays, the first thing you consider is all the fun and excitement that you are going to have. A lot can happen on an adventure holiday. That is why they can become a little overwhelming.
But don’t worry! We’re going to simplify things for you by helping you understand the ultimate travel itinerary to make sure you have a holiday you never forget.
The UK has a lot to offer in terms of travel, especially if you are interested in an adventure holiday. Luckily the UK has a lot of public transport links, so it’s very likely that you will be able to travel between England to Wales and Scotland. You can also hire a rental car to get you around the country.
Once you have flown into London and have done a little sightseeing around the UK, perhaps visiting Sherwood Forest for pony trekking, Blackwood Forest for the microlight or Thorpe Forest for archery, we would recommend that you move your adventure on to Wales.
Some great adventure holiday ideas in Wales include:
- Pembrokeshire National Park’s blustery coast for kayaking, coasteering, surfing and hiking
- The border to coast trail from Wye Valley to Dovey Estuary for a 6 day walk of over 100 miles with a local guide and group of horse riders
- Pembrokeshire and Snowdonia for coasteering, hiking, canyoning and rafting
If you are thinking about visiting Scotland, be wary of the weather if you plan on going on hikes or any water activities. In most cases, you may want to consider visiting Scotland in the summer. However, if you fancy a winter wonderland, we would recommend visiting the Scottish Highlands with a mountain guide.
With that said, some excellent places to visit in Scotland for an adventure holiday include:
- Cairngorms National Park for wildlife watching and tracking
- Highland Perthshire for bungee jumping
- Isle of Arran for paragliding
- Glentress Forest for mountain biking
- Fort William for canyoning
Whether you want the best surf retreat Nicaragua has to offer, or you want to go on a trip to see some of the sites, you will find that Nicaragua is a gorgeous Central American country that has a wide range to offer.
We would recommend that you go North to South for your itinerary and take at least two weeks to fit in as much as possible.
Once you have flown into Managua, we would recommend the following:
- Granada for a day trip at Volcán Masaya, Mombacho or the Laguna de Apoyo
- Isla de Ometepe for hikes to San Ramon Waterfall, Volcán Concepción or Volcán Maderas
- Ojo de Agua for swimming and horse riding
Naturally, if you are after an adventure holiday that is full of activities, the best place to go is Peru. Just keep in mind that you will need to have a high level of fitness to conquer the altitudes, some of which go up to 4,200m.
Some of the best adventure holiday activities include:
- Andes Mountains to hike, visit the ancient city and to visit the Inca Trail for zip-lining and paddle-boarding
- Palccoyo for trekking and visiting the river gorge of the Colca Canyon
- The Andes Mountain Range for the Inca Trail
- The Amazon Rainforest for wildlife-spotting tours and hikes
If you are after an adventure holiday that is full of action, we would highly recommend that you take a look at São Miguel. The Azores are one of the two autonomous regions of Portugal.
The islands are very warm, however keep in mind that you may want to avoid going in the rainy season, November – March, to make sure you can fully enjoy yourself.
Some of the activities you can enjoy for your adventure holiday include:
- Swimming with dolphins
- Rock climbing
- Whale watching
Galapagos is famous for its unique foliage and animal life. So, if you fancy an adventure holiday then you should go there!
One of the most exciting adventures you can have is swimming with the sharks just off the island of Marchena. You can not only see hammerhead and Galapagos sharks, but sea lions, turtles, rays, eels and dolphins. It’s certainly worth a visit for a true adventure!
Are you ready for an adventure?
There are so many places in the world for you to enjoy with your family and friends. Don’t just stop at the places that we have suggested. Instead, go out into the world and see what is waiting there for you. You will have the chance to create memories that you will never forget.
This post was brought to you in collaboration with Surf Yoga Beer, an adventure and fitness travel company who offer adventure trips in some of the most exciting destinations in the world.